When I think about my mom, I think of greatness. She’s humble, has a big heart for the people around her and is always ALWAYS smiling. As I get older, I find myself enjoying my mother’s company more and more. She’s always up for any adventure, and is extremely young at heart. Such a happy trooper she is.
What I’ve learned from my mom over the years:
- See the good in people, give them time.
- You don’t need a closet full of clothes, shoes and bags to live a happy life.
- The little things matter.
- Be open and don’t take criticisms personally.
- Go the extra mile for the people you love.
- You can never go wrong with Hainanese Chicken Rice.
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Everyone deserves second chances.
- You’re never alone.
- When all else fails, drink hot tea.
One day when I get to be a mom, I hope I will inspire my children as much as my mom did to hers.
How about you? What has your mom taught you over the years? How has she inspired you? :)